2021 World Parrot Trust Calendar (artists edition)
The diverse world of parrots is beautifully captured in the 2021 Artist’s Edition Calendar, created solely to benefit the World Parrot Trust’s global conservation efforts. Each artwork is brought into being through a combination of the artist’s passion for birds, and a deep knowledge of their natural surroundings and behaviour.Featured artists have generously donated their time and skill in order to benefit parrot conservation.
Artist - Piece Title or Featured Species
- Grey-breasted Parakeet (Cover) - Léon van der Linden
- African Grey - Tony Sanchez
- Sun Conure - Ian Griffiths
- Scaly-headed Parrots - Penny Meakin
- Spix's Macaw - Ria Winters
- Red-tailed Black Cockatoos - Elizabeth Cogley
- Red-and-green Macaws - Kitty Harvill
- Kakapo - Janet Luxton
- Macaw Flight - Chris Maynard
- "House Hunting" Rainbow Lorikeets - Bret Jarret
- Crimson Rosellas - Peta Boyce
- Swift Parrot - Peter Slater
300mm sq (12 inches sq) folded. 300x600 mm (12x24 inches) open
Proceeds from this calendar will be used to fund international conservation efforts through research, outreach and education, and through direct action to preserve fragile ecosystems and parrot populations. With one in three parrots under threat in the wild, every effort must be made to protect them.
Parrots are beautiful to begin with, but the artists add to the total picture. The artwork is accurate and pleasing, wonderful to look at.
I thoroughly enjoy these calendars ,I do wish that less of the money went to executives of the world parrot trust
I've been purchasing WPT calendars for many years. This was the first artists edition and it did not disappoint.
Simply gorgeous and the perfect size. Two wings up!